1 recipe pate brisee
1 cup leftover turkey, chopped or torn into bite size pieces
¼ cup green peas, fresh or frozen
¼ cup sliced carrots, blanched briefly to soften
1-2 cups leftover turkey gravy
Preheat oven to 425*
1. Roll out dough to fit 10" tart pan with removable bottom, leaving piece big enough to cover top. Butter pan and place dough in pan.
2. Fill dough with all ingredients, and cover with gravy.
3. Roll out remaining dough to cover top. Cut 1 or 2 air vents in top.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 35 minutes.
5. Remove and allow to cool slightly before slicing to serve.
6. Bon Appétit!
200 grams all purpose flour
100 grams unsalted butter, cold and cut in ½ inch cubes
1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp. cold water
Pinch kosher salt
1. Combine flour & butter in bowl of food processor and pulse till consistency of "peas"
2. Add egg and pulse until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl and forms a ball.
3. Flatten into a disc shape about ½" thick and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 – 60 minutes.
4. Roll into desired shape on floured workspace.
You can purchase digital scale at any grocery or discount store. Weighing ingredients will assure consistent, perfect results every time!
I use metric (set switch on scale) because of its accuracy.
Copyright 2012 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.