A Nashville family canceled their Thanksgiving plans today to help neighbors left with nothing.
Eight units were destroyed in an apartment fire on Wednesday started by a cigarette.
One Nashville family got up this morning and brought food to them.
John and Carol Presley drove from Michigan to spend Thanksgiving in Nashville with their son.
"We're here hoping to see some miracle happen," said John Presley.
Instead, they're spending the day looking for their son's cat, Loki, who was in his apartment when it burned yesterday.
"When he got here, it was totally engulfed," said John Presley. "We don't know if Loki made it, even though the room he was in was smoky, not burned."
Myron Kinnard heard about the fire on the news - eight apartments destroyed, all those people displaced. Knowing their Thanksgiving plans were ruined, Kinnard canceled his.
"I was supposed to be on the way to Memphis myself, but I couldn't get past it," said Kinnard.
Instead, Kinnard decided to make sure they would have a Thanksgiving meal.
He found the Presleys in the parking lot, and found addresses for the other victims, like the Clemmons family.
"We're sorry about your loss," said Kinnard.
It may not have been the miracle they were searching for, but instead of their cat, the Presleys found new friends.
Several of the families affected by the fire were moved to apartments in the same complex. Others are staying with relatives or receiving help from the American Red Cross.
All the families were touched by Kinnard's gesture to get them a Thanksgiving meal.
Copyright 2012 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.