A convicted felon has been arrested and charged in a shooting last week that killed one man and injured another in Bordeaux area.
Lawton Williams, 19, is accused of killing 18-year-old Laron Owens and wounding Derryen Doss, 22, during an apparent robbery attempt Nov. 20 in the 3200 block of Curtis Street.
Owens and Doss were sitting in a car parked near Owens' home, along with Leontay Harris, 19, when police say Williams approached and made robbery demands before firing into the car.
Investigators believe Williams had been sitting in the car with the others sometime prior to the shooting.
Police said a group of young men had reportedly been standing outside the car prior to the shooting. When police arrived, officers said there was an odor of marijuana, and a gun was recovered from a nearby trash can.
Doss, who was shot in the shoulder, was treated at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and later released. Harris was not shot.
Williams received two three-year concurrent suspended sentences for aggravated burglary and felony theft in September 2011.
Copyright 2012 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Thursday, August 28 2014 6:00 PM EDT2014-08-28 22:00:21 GMT
NFL players will be subject to a six-week suspension for a first domestic violence offense and banishment from the league for a second under a new policy outlined by Commissioner Roger Goodell.More >>
Acknowledging he "didn't get it right" with a two-game suspension for Ravens running back Ray Rice, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced tougher penalties for players accused of domestic violence, including six...More >>
Thursday, August 28 2014 4:30 PM EDT2014-08-28 20:30:38 GMT
Apple will show off its newest products Sept. 9. The iPhone and iPad maker set the date in invitations mailed Thursday to reporters and others who typically come to see the unveiling of Apple's latest twists on...More >>
Apple's latest product launch will be in a setting that holds a special place in its history, signaling how big this event is for the company.More >>
Thursday, August 28 2014 4:00 PM EDT2014-08-28 20:00:03 GMT
Nigerian Health Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu says two more Ebola cases exist in the country, raising the number of confirmed cases to 15.More >>
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is accelerating and could grow six times larger to infect as many as 20,000 people, the World Health Organization said Thursday. The U.N. health agency unveiled a new road map for...More >>