Electrical problem likely caused Lebanon church fire - WSMV Channel 4

Electrical problem likely caused Lebanon church fire

Posted: Updated:
LEBANON, TN (WSMV) -

It appears an electrical problem sparked a fire at Lebanon church that was built back in 1911.

Lebanon Fire Department Chief Chris Dowell said they would have a final determination on the fire on Tuesday.

The blaze broke out around 11 p.m. Saturday at the Lebanon Church of God on C.L. Manier Street.

Church member Chris Grooms said it's like dealing with the loss of a family member. Two children were supposed to be baptized at the church Sunday morning.

Fire Captain Thomas Pearson said it took about two hours to get the fire under control. When they arrived on scene there were flames coming out of the back of the church and heavy smoke.

Pearson said they had difficulty getting into the church because the flames were separated by different rooms.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

Church leaders will meet Tuesday to figure out what to do about future services.

Copyright WSMV 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

More News

SIDEBAR: Lebanon church fire

Updated:

SLIDESHOW: Lebanon church fire More>>

Powered by WorldNow
WSMV
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WSMV; Nashville, TN. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.