Six Tennessee sites have been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Three middle Tennessee landmarks are among the new sites considered a cultural resource worthy of preservation.
Livingston's American Legion Post #4 was established in 1922 and moved into the Quonset hut in 1949.
The building has been used as a dance hall, voting precinct, library, community meeting area and veteran's service office.
Springfield's Mollie and Neel Glenn House is an example of an early 20th century home that combines several architectural styles including Classical Revival, Italianate, Craftsman and Art Nouveau. The house functioned as Robertson County's first public library from 1946 to 1962. It has served as the home of the Springfield Federation of Women since 1946.
Nashville's RCA Studio B is nationally known for its influence in performing arts and entertainment. RCA moved its Nashville studio to this building where artists including Dottie West, Willie Nelson, and Elvis Presley recorded there from 1957 to 1977. The site was purchased by the Mike Curb Family Foundation in 2001 and is now leased to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
Three other sites were added to the National Register of Historic Places: Ayres Hall on the University of Tennessee's Knoxville campus, General Lawrence D. Tyson House in Knoxville and the National Cotton Council Building located in Memphis.
Copyright WSMV 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved