So Simple Slow Cooker Zesty Chicken Barbecue
· 3-5 large, fresh, skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
· 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce (Choose your favorite, preferably molasses or honey based)
· 1/2 cup diced onions (optional)
· 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
· 1/4 cup brown sugar or you can use honey instead (honey is a healthier choice)
· 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke
· Your favorite Bread or rolls to serve on
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. Place the onions on top of the chicken. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce & liquid smoke. Pour over the chicken.
2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.
3. An hour before cooking is complete you will need to shred the chicken, place back in cooker, then complete the cook time.
*Yields approximately 6 Servings