4 chicken thighs bone in and skin on 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold or red potatoes, halved 3 - 4 large garlic cloves, sliced 1/2 cup dry white wine 1/2 cup chicken broth 1 sprig fresh thyme 1 TBS dried oregano 10 12 artichoke hearts, thawed if using frozen 12 18 Italian green olives pitted 1 tsp red pepper flakes Kosher salt California Olive Ranch olive oil Kerrygold butterMETHOD
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Preheat a large heavy casserole (also called Dutch Oven) over medium high heat. Add olive oil to coat bottom.
- Season chicken aggressively with salt and add to pan skin side down. Cook without disturbing until golden brown. Turn and cook briefly on flesh side. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add potatoes and cook until browned. Add garlic / artichokes / olives / thyme and red pepper. Stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine and stir to deglaze bottom of pan. Add chicken and broth. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and place in oven until chicken is cooked thru and potatoes are tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken and potatoes to large platter. Stir in 2 TBS +/- of butter and swirl to combine. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.