Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as appetizerINGREDIENTS
1 large onion cut in medium dice 1 carrot cut in medium dice 1 stalk celery cut in medium dice 2 large cloves garlic peeled and sliced 2 TBS all-purpose flour 1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes 1-cup chicken stock (alternately you can use vegetable for a vegetarian soup) 2 sprigs fresh thyme 1/4-cup heavy cream Kerrygold unsalted butter Kosher salt California Olive Ranch olive oil 1 large lemon, halvedMETHOD
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Preheat a saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to coat pan and add onion/carrot/celery/garlic. Cook until slightly softened.
- Sprinkle veg with flour and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes/stock/thyme and stir to combine. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from pan and place in blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour tomatoes back in pan over medium heat. Add heavy cream and stir to combine. Cook until heated through.
- Taste and adjust with lemon juice and salt.
- Serve immediately topped with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.