3 qts Chicken Stock, Kitchen Basics 6 oz. Corn Tortillas, chopped 1/2 cup California Olive Ranch EVOO 1 each Onion, medium dice 3 cloves Garlic, minced 1 each Poblano Pepper, roasted 1/2 cup King Arthur flour 2 tsp Smoked Chipotle Pepper 2 tsp Cumin, ground 1 TBSP Chili Powder 1 can Rotel w/chiles 2 tsp White Vinegar AN Cilantro, julienne to garnish 3 each Boneless Chicken Breast, pan seared, medium diceMETHOD
- Add chopped tortillas and chicken stock to a sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place in food processor, or blender and puree until smooth.
- Place a stock pot on medium high and add EVOO, onions, poblanos and garlic and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the flour, cumin, chipotle pepper, chili powder to the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes to get a brown roux.
- Add the stock/tortilla mixture about 2 cups at a time while stirring constantly. Let the soup come to a simmer and repeat addition of stock mixture until combined.
- When stock mixture is combined, fold in Rotel, vinegar, and chicken breast.
- Garnish w/ julienne cilantro.