200 grams Kerrygold unsalted butter 200 grams 60 72% Callebaut Cacao chocolate chipped or cubed 200 grams sugar 4 eggs separated Butter and sugar for pan as neededMETHOD
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Melt butter and chocolate until smooth. Do not overheat. You can use a double boiler or heat gently in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a non-reactive bowl combine yolks and sugar and whip until pale yellow in color and slightly thickened. Slowly add chocolate/butter mixture until well combined.
- In a non-reactive bowl, whip egg whites until stiff. Do not over whip. Slowly fold in to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into buttered/sugared cake pan and bake until set, approximately 15 minutes. Cake will be very sticky and soft in middle.
- Remove from pan and serve.