Summer's here and that means kids are playing outside later and spending time in the water. Print off this Summer Safety Checklist from Bart Durham and let's all stay safe this summer.
- Secure kids in the child car-seat or seatbelt that's appropriate for their age and size.
- Secure kids in the backseat.
- Carefully study your car's owners manual and safety-seat instructions for installation and safety maintenance of car-seats.
- Never let children under age 10 cross the street alone. Teach kids to obey traffic rules as a pedestrian.
- Dress your kids in reflective materials and don't let them walk alone at night. If they must walk at dusk or dawn, make sure they carry a flashlight.
- Always supervise young children near water, including pools, spas, toilets, bathtubs, and buckets.
- Insist your kids wear personal flotation devices when on boats, near open bodies of water, or when playing water sports.
- Don't forget the sunscreen!
- Make sure your kids wear properly-fitting helmets and other protective gear when they ride their bikes, scooters, in-line skates, or skateboards.
Click to Download and Print